Questions to ask your physician about reflux:
- What is the likelihood that my symptoms are cause by gastric reflux?
- Are there other serious conditions that could be causing my symptoms?
- Are there any life-style modifications I can make to control reflux?
- Do I have "warning" signs or symptoms warranting evaluation?
- If a drug is necessary to treat my condition, which one is likely to work best for me?
- How long will I need to be on the medication?
- Will the drug interact with other medications?
- Are there any alternative treatments available besides having to take a pill
- What type of follow-up is required for my condition?